About the Recipe
This hummus recipe will impress your guests with hints of garlic and roasted chickpeas. Don't miss out on this one. It's delicious, simple and fun to make!
3½ cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 teaspoon minced garlic
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil + more to finish
¾ cup lemon juice
½ cup pata
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons salt
½ cup water
1 teaspoon or more dukkah spice for garnish
1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
Crispy roasted chickpeas, optional
1. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the chickpeas and cook until tender (2 to 3 minutes). Once tender, drain the chickpeas, but do not cool down.
2. Place the garlic and olive oil in a blender and process until combined.
3. Add the warm chickpeas, lemon juice, pata, cumin, and salt and blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
4. Slowly add the water until you have a completely smooth paste.
5. Adjust the seasoning to taste. Top generously with dukkah spice (an Egyptian spice blend of crushed/ ground nuts, sesame seeds, fennel seeds, cumin seeds and coriander seeds). Drizzle with olive oil.
6. Sprinkle with parsley. The hummus will last refrigerated for up to 5 days.
7. Optional: top with crispy roasted chickpeas